The rules for posting are simple!

1. Every Friday post a photo that includes one or more flowers.
2. Please only post photos you have authority to use.
3. Include a link to this blog in your post - http://floralfridayfoto.blogspot.com/
4. Leave the link to your FloralFridayFoto post below on inlinkz.
5. Visit other blogs listed ... comment & enjoy!

When to Post:
inlinkz will be available every Thursday and will remain open until the next Wednesday.

Thursday 10 January 2013

FFF60 - PETUNIA

Petunia is genus of 35 species of flowering plants of South American origin (closely related to tobacco, cape gooseberries, tomatoes, deadly nightshades, potatoes and chili peppers) in the family Solanaceae. The popular flower of the same name derived its epithet from the French, which took the word petun, meaning "tobacco," from a Tupi–Guarani language. Most of the varieties seen in gardens are hybrids (Petunia × hybrida).
Petunias are a very common sight in Australian gardens and they can be seen in nearly all colours of the rainbow.

Join me for Floral Friday Fotos by linking your flower photos below, and please leave a comment once you have done so!

13 comments:

  1. I do so love petunias - I could use some right about now! We have had a few warmer days, so the silly paperwhite narcissus is blooming, but after this weekend, I fear they are going to be nipped. Hope youa re well, Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice capture! Thank you for sharing with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish my petunia grow like these, not as lanky as they are now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely color scheme. Beautiful! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Petunia! Brings summer so much closer:) Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photo and flowers!!

    hugs doris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,
    love your Petunia, wonderful blossoms!
    Wish you a nice weekend,
    moni

    my blog:
    http://www.reflexionblog.de

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cheerful flower! We saw Petunias a lot in the window planter boxes when living in Germany. Have a great weekend, Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The petunias are gorgeous. You make me look forward to spring when I can plant and see them in my garden again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The petunias are so beautifully in bloom, but I see that the red color is hard even for such an accomplished photographer as you to capture. I wonder if that is a Canon camera challenge. Reds and to a lesser extent, purples, seem to be hard for me. I just can't get the fine gradations of color, especially on a non-shiny petal. But what great blooms!

    ReplyDelete